Delicious Pasta With Mussels in Tomato Sauce - a simple recipe for pasta with mussels. You may use any traditional and wonderful pasta. But you can make the dish with whole-wheat or gluten-free pasta; both are getting better and better.
1. Add pasta and 6 cups water in your clay pot. Set on stew or fast to cook for 15-20 minutes.
2. In the mean time, use saucepan with lid, combine crushed garlic clove and shallot with white wine. Bring to a boil and add mussels. Cover and cook, shaking pan from time to time, 2 to 4 minutes, or until mussels open up. Check mussels after 2 minutes; transfer open mussels to a bowl using tongs. Cover pan again, wait another minute, and repeat until all mussels have opened. Transfer to a bowl and keep covered while you make tomato sauce.
3. Heat olive oil over medium heat in pan and add minced garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring, just until fragrant, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add tomatoes, thyme or marjoram (or both), and sugar.
4. Turn heat up to medium-high and cook, stirring often, 5 to 10 minutes, until tomatoes have cooked down slightly. Add 1/2 cup broth from mussels, stir together and bring to a simmer. Taste and add salt as needed (you may not need to add any). Tip all mussels, shelled and unshelled, into sauce, cover and turn heat to very low or remove from heat if not serving right away. Keep warm while you cook pasta.
5. When pasta reaches al dente, drain excess water. Mix well with mussels and the sauce. And serve.
Comments will be approved before showing up.