What’s cooking in your clay pot today?
Have you tried this flavorful Jamaican jerk chicken from food network? Check this out!
Jamaican Jerk Chicken made in Vitaclay for 40 minutes or an hour. No need to sauté in oil to reduce your cholesterol yet still super tasty!
Inspired by food network ingredients, we modified it to make it easy in VitaClay.
- 4-8 chicken thighs with bone in
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 medium scallions, chopped
- 2 Scotch bonnet chiles, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon allspice berries, coarsely ground
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken, and uc well.
2. Coat chicken thighs with the marinate evenly.
3. Store in refrigerator for 2-4 hours or overnight.
4. In your VitaClay pot, add 1 cup water.
5. Add all marinated chicken thighs in your clay pot.
6. Set on stew or fast for 40 minutes or an hour.
Serve With polenta and green veggies. Enjoy!