40 Minute Malaysian Curry Chicken Recipe in VitaClay Fast Slow Cooker (Video)
- 8 pcs shallots, peeled
- 10 dried chilies, seeds separated
- 4 fresh red chillies, seeds separated
- 5 pcs candlenuts
- ½ head garlic, peeled
- 2-inch ginger
- 2 pcs lemongrass, roughly chopped
- 20 g belachan
- 3 lbs chicken or 6-8 chicken legs
- 3 pcs medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2½ cups chicken stock
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 pcs star anise
- 4 pcs cloves
- 6 pcs green cardamoms
- 6 pcs curry leaves
- fish sauce
- brown sugar
- oil (optional)
- In a food processor combine all Spice Paste ingredients, process until it becomes a paste. Add chilli seeds to adjust to the hotness you want.
- Place spice paste in a covered jar and let the flavors mature for at least a day.
- In a bowl combine spice paste and chicken then let it marinate for not more than 30 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and coconut milk in clay pot.
- Add the rest of ingredients.
- Set on “Stew” or “Fast” to cook for 40 minutes or an hour.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.