This Italian Short Ribs recipe, is slowly braised with red wine in our “vitaclay oven” for 2-3 hours and top with a lemon rosemary gremolata. Serve with carrots on sauce with polenta, potatoes.
Italian short ribs
For The Gremolata:
1. Sear your Short Ribs and season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Set inside VitaClay and proceed to make the braising liquid. (Do not turn on cooker until liquid is added)
2. In your sauce pan, on medium high, start with oil and your onions. When the onions begin to sauté. add salt and continue to stir for 4 mins.
3. Add carrots and celery and continue to cook for 3 mins.
4. Add herbs and red wine. Cook until the liquid has reduced by half. Add Beef Broth and Salt.
5. Pour over ribs already in VitaClay VM7900 multicooker. Set on “Stew” for 2 hours 20 minutes
Make The Gremolata:
6. Finely mince 4-5 sprigs of fresh rosemary (discard the stems). Place the minced rosemary into a small bowl.
7. Grate 1 clove of garlic into the bowl,
8. zest 2 lemons into the bowl.
9. Stir all of these ingredients until combined.
10. Serve with carrots on sauce with polenta, potatoes, or some kind of starchy side dish. Top with a spoonful of rosemary gremolata
Check out our lazy way of making this recipe directions here👇
Comments will be approved before showing up.