Recipe and Image Courtesy of “ Kalyn’s Kitchen ”. converted to VitaClay version for VM7900, VF7700 series.
Roasts and Shredded meats are great in VitaClay: you can take a cheaper cut of meat, like a round or butt roast and cook it in a VitaClay Multi-cookerfor 2-3 hours, and all of the juices and nutrients are preserved in the sauce, which serves as an excellent thin gravy over the dish--adding flavor and nutrition to each bite!
I've come to enjoy less expensive cuts of meat even more than steak because they are so simple and delicious when made in VitaClay.
T his flavor-packed Green Chile Shredded Beef Cabbage Bowl is healthy, delicious and paleo-approved! It is low carb, paleo, keto, low-glycemic, gluten-free friendly, not to mention super filling and delicious for the whole family!
Ingredients for Cabbage Slaw and Dressing:
- 1 small head green cabbage
- 1/2 small head red cabbage
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 6 T mayo or light mayo (try a healthy version like avocado oilor coconut oil mayo!)
- 4 tsp. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 tsp. Green Tobasco sauce
Ingredients for Guacamole:
- 2 large avocados, diced
- 1 medium Poblano (Pasilla) pepper, diced very small
- 1 T fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro (or use thinly-sliced green onion if you're not a cilantro person)
- Rub beef roast with taco seasoning on all sides.
- Add roast and broth to VitaClaypot with diced green chile and juice
- Cook on "stew" setting for 3 hours, or until the beef shreds apart easily.
- When roast is done, remove it to a cutting board, leaving the liquid in the clay pot.
- Shred the beef apart with two forks and put it back in the clay pot to absorb the liquid and keep warm for serving.
- Cut the cabbage into very thin strips.
- Whisk together mayo, lime juice, and Green Tabasco sauce to make the dressing.
- Toss the cabbage and green onions in a bowl with the dressing.
- Peel and cut up the avocado and toss with the lime juice.
- Finely chop the cilantro (or green onion) and the Poblano chile and add it to the avocado. Drizzle in the olive oil and gently toss again.
- To serve, add a layer of slaw, then the spicy beef, topped by a couple of spoonfuls of the guacamole.
- Serve with a sprinkle of cilantro or green onion and another splash of Tobasco if desired.