Recipe Courtesy of “ Rubies and Radishes ”. We converted this into our VitaClay pot. VM7900, VF7700 or VM7800 series.
- 2 lbs chicken pieces bone in breasts and legs work well, Skin removed
- 2 cups water (if you plan to cook for longer, add one cup of water per every 30 minute increment.)
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste. to taste
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic crushed or minced
- 6 - 7 whole tomatoes peeled, seeded and chopped
- 5 dried New Mexico chili peppers rehydrated and chopped
- 1/4 cup creamy Almond Butter
- 2.5 oz dark chocolate 70% or above
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon power
- 1/2 tsp guajillpo chili powder
- avocado cilantro and jalapeno, all chopped.
- Generous salt and pepper the chicken.
- Place a pan over medium heat and add the ghee.
- Once the ghee has warmed, add onion to the same pan and saute until translucent.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and brown on all sizes. This may need to be done in batches.
- Transfer all to Vitaclay slow cooker.
- Add the tomatoes, chili peppers, almond butter, dark chocolate, salt and spices to the slow cooker.
- Set on VitaClay “Stew” or “Fast for 40 minute to an hours or until the chicken is tender and pulls apart easily.
- Top mole with the avocado, cilantro and jalapeno and serve!