Need an easy, delicious, fast idea for dinner as we begin another new school year and get back to our lives “as usual?”
Casseroles are a breeze in VitaClay, and unlike conventional slow cookers, the texture and shape holds up really well. This chicken enchilada delight is great when made in clay: the tortillas don’t get soggy, and the ingredients stay layered and taste amazing! Plus, did you hear about our new and improved high-fired clay pots, that are super durable and strong?
Check it out! Keep in mind, all new VitaClay multi-cookers now come with these newly-designed clay pots, or you can order replacement pots on our website, all of which are now stronger, high-fired pots at the same great price!
- 2 lb shredded chicken (leftovers from a roasted or rotisserie chicken work great)
- 14-16 oz enchilada sauce (make your own!)
- 1/4 c broth
- 20 oz cream of mushroom soup (did you know you can make this in VitaClay too?)
- 5-7 oz black olives, sliced
- 2 dozen corn tortillas (organic is best to avoid GMO corn)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- About 8 oz shredded cheese (might want to shred it yourself)
- Cut the tortillas into wedges and set aside
- Combine the soup, olives and onions in a mixing bowl and stir it up!
- Add the broth to the bottom of the pot
- Begin layering the clay pot with enchilada sauce on the bottom
- Add tortillas, soup, chicken and cheese
- Make a few more layers in that order, and top it all off with a lot of cheese
- Cover it, close up the pot and set to “stew,” cooking for about 2 hours
- Served it up in shallow bowls and top with sour cream, guacamole and/or cilantro!