The Cassoulet is a traditional French meal you can enjoy with your family. This is a vegetarian version of the traditional French dish is suitable for preparing inside a slow cooker if you have a busy schedule on the weekend or even during working days.
What’s impressive about preparing vegetarian Cassoulet in a VitaClay slow cooker is the fact that it takes less time and effort.
On average, our slow cooker lowers the beans cooking time from the average 8 long hours most traditional slow cookers take to just 2 hours and 10 minutes prep time.
Interested in trying this vegetarian Cassoulet recipe at home? Let’s do it! This recipe serves 8
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 pound dry navy beans, soaked overnight
- 4 cups mushroom broth
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh lemon thyme, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh savory
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and carrots in oil until tender. Transfer this into Vitaclay smart slow cooker.
- Add all other ingredients with the onions and carrots. Cover ingredients with water. Tie together parsley, rosemary, thyme, and savory, and add to the pot. Cook for 2 hours.
- Stir in potato, and continue cooking for 1 hour. Remove herbs before serving.
Serve hot and enjoy!