Suitable for any VitaClay Model!
On a chilly day I crave something substantial, warm and filling. My family will eat anything as long as it tastes good, so it's up to me to ensure the meals I create are healthy and nutritious, and that they taste great so my family will eat them!
This chicken and bean stew really bursts with flavors: the vegetables and spices bring out the flavors of the beans, and the chicken adds a lot of substance and juiciness. My family loves it--they all want seconds! Try this spicy chicken and bean stew in your VitaClay cooker, and you'll know exactly what I mean!
- 1-2 lb chicken (I like to use a mix of legs/thighs and breast)
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 red chilis, chopped
- 1-2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- ½ lb kidney beans, cooked and drained
- ½ lb white beans, cooked and drained
- 5-6 c broth
- bunch of cilantro, chopped
- garnishes: sour cream and crusty sourdough bread
- Brown the chicken in a skillet for up to 5 minutes (optional)
- Add the chicken and all of the other ingredients (except garnishes) into the clay pot
- Close, seal and cook on “stew,” "high," or "slow" setting for up to 1 hour (cooking time can be reduced to 30-40 minutes if you have already browned the meat)
- When it's finished cooking, stir in the cilantro
- Serve with bread, if desired