Soups are suitable for any VitaClay Model!
I love to make soups and stews on Sundays because they're pretty easy to make, and they just feel very luxurious and delicious and comforting on a day when I like to rest. It's also easy to make huge portions and savor it again and again throughout the week, which saves on cooking time all over again!
Also stews and soups often taste even better the 2nd or 3rd day, after the flavors have had time to really blend together. The only thing you need to be careful of with shrimp is not to over cook it. So don't add it in too early! I like to cook everything until it's pretty much done, then add in the raw shrimp and just let the residual heat cook it until it's pink. Try this Brazilian-inspired delight on your day off—you won't be disappointed!
- 2 c rice of your choice, rinsed and cooked
- 1 red onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1-2 tomatoes, diced
- 8 oz green beans, sliced long-ways
- 1 c coconut milk
- 5 c broth
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled
- 1-2 red chilies (depending on how spicy you like it), chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- salt to taste
- small bunch of cilantro, chopped
- handful of roasted, unsalted peanuts, chopped
- Fry the onion, garlic and chilies in a hot skillet with a bit of oil for about 10 minutes
- Add the garlic mixture to VitaClay pot, then add the broth, coconut milk, and veggies
- Close, seal and cook on “stew” setting for 20 minutes
- When it beeps, open it and stir in the shrimp
- Close it back up and allow to cook on warm for another 15 minutes
- Stir in the lime juice and serve, salting to taste
- Serve over the rice, and sprinkle each serving with cilantro and peanuts