Soup recipes are well-suited to any VitaClay Model!
If you ever get the chance, check out our other slow cooker models, such as our 2 quart model know as the 7600 series. This is a great way to save space yet still get the same quality in a smaller package!
Speaking of quality, Sundays are great for soup because it's the end of the week and you don't want to be wasting your quality time on your day of rest.
Just throw in your ingredients and you'll have a delicious and amazing enchilada soup in no time!
And with VitaClay you can leave the house or take that nap you've been meaning to knock out—no more babysitting pots over the stove!
- 1 lb chicken (get organic or pastured to avoid arsenic; I like a mix of white and dark meat)
- 10-12 oz enchilada sauce
- 4 c broth ( make your own!)
- 1 lb organic corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1-2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- diced green chilis, to taste
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1 t chili powder
- 1 t salt
- ¼ t black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ c chopped cilantro
- Add all ingredients except cilantro to VitaClay
- Close, seal and cook on “soup,” "slow" or "low" setting for 1-2 hours
- Open and shred chicken (2 forks will do it)
- Close, seal and continue cooking for another 30 minutes
- Stir in cilantro just before serving, and top with a little bit more
- Top with some shredded cheese and tortilla strips, if desired