Creamy soups are my favorite, especially when it starts to get chilly outside. Maybe it's because I like to have soup as a meal, and they're really thick and satisfying. Maybe it's because they're so delicious. Try this creamy, cheesy broccoli soup for yourself, and you'll be begging to eat more broccoli!
Ingredients for Creamy Cheesy Broccoli Soup:
- 4 heads broccoli, cut into 1-inch florets
- 1 cup broth
- 1 stick (4oz) butter, unsalted
- Salt and black pepper (freshly ground tastes best)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced or chopped
- 1 whole onion, diced
- 4c whole milk
- 2c half & half
- A few dashes of turmeric (because I add it to everything)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour or gluten free flour
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 3 cups grated cheese (grate it yourself to avoid more nasties), plus more for garnish
Directions for Creamy Cheesy Broccoli Soup:
- Add all ingredients except cheese into the VitaClay pot, stirring to combine until smooth
- Cover and set to "slow" for 30-45 minutes
- Using a hand immersion blender, blend the soup to desired consistency
- Stir in the cheese
- When serving, garnish with more cheese and scallions, cilantro or chives, if desired Serve with crusty sourdough bread for a delicious, filling meal!
*Cream is great, but only if it's from pastured, organic cows. Otherwise you're getting all kinds of hormones, antibiotics, and other nasties from a sick animal.