Soup is warming, soothing, and boosts immunity, especially when you usebone broth-one of the most traditional healing foods on the planet!
Every culture has used bone broth as a staple immune-builder. It's great for building up any body type, and even boosts fertility and benefits prenatal health!
The gelatin and collagen found in soup made from bones is also an age-defying elixir, giving your body and connective tissues regeneration like from no other source. And of course it's great for the joints, hair, skin and nails!
Adding green vegetables like broccoli and arugula to your soup can do nothing but increase the nutrition of this powerhouse even more.
Ingredients for Green Veggie Soup in Clay:
Make a big batch and keep that cold and flu at bay!
Directions for Green Veggie Soup in Clay:
- 1 lb broccoli florets
- 1 c arugula leaves
- 3 c broth
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 t ground cumin
- ¼ t each of salt & pepper
- fresh juice from half lemon (garnish)
- Add broccoli, garlic, onion, and broth to the VitaClay pot
- Close, seal and cook on “soup” setting for about 20 minutes, until broccoli is just cooked
- Add cumin, salt and pepper, stirring
- Using a hand-immersion blender, blend the broccoli into the soup until smooth
- Add arugula leaves by the handful, blending as you go (spinach and other green leafy things can be added here as well)
- Allow the soup to sit on “warm” setting for a few minutes, stirring
- Stir in lemon juice just before serving
- It is also good garnished with sour cream, cilantro or parsley