We're bringing spicy back, vegetarian Style! This dark, rich chili is so easy to make and full of flavor thanks to the VitaClay slow cooking. For dramatic accompaniments, serve over noodles or rice cooked with a pinch of turmeric and top with some sliced avocado and s sprinkle of cheese. Yields about 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoon chili powder or to taste
- 28 oz of crushed tomatoes (use fresh organic if possible)
- Two 15.5-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup water
- One 4-ounce can diced green chilies
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic.
- Cover and cook until just softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chili powder and cook about 30 seconds longer.
- Transfer the mixture to a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, water, chilies, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and slow-cook on low for 1 to 2 hours, or until the vegetables are tender and the chili is thick.