One wouldn’t think that sweet potato and peanut butter would make a great combination, but this odd dish makes a satisfying and super flavorful meal that's perfect on a cold evening. You will love it even more for its simplicity of preparation and cooking. This recipe serves around 4-6 people.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- ½ sweet onion, diced
- 15oz of diced tomatoes and juice
- 4 cups veggie broth
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 32oz or 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- ½ cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- Combine all the ingredients (except the spinach and peanuts) into your VitaClay slow cooker. Mix well
- Cover and cook on the "Stew" setting for 1 ½ hours until the sweet potato is tender.
- Stir in the spinach, cover and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes until the spinach wilts.
- Adjust seasoning to taste and serve with rice or on its own with a sprinkle of roasted peanuts for garnish and a little crunch.