This is a vegetarian slow cooker curry recipe is abundant with healthy nutrients and it is very easy to prepare. This meal promises an experience like no other in both in your kitchen and on the table, let us know how it goes!
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons of curry powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large brown onion (chopped)
- 3 ¼ cups diced tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 small red capsicum (diced)
- 4 small yellow squash (halved)
- ½ lemon (juiced)
- 1 cup broccoli (cut into florets)
- ½ cup of button mushrooms (halved)
- 1 large carrot (peeled and diced)
- ¾ cup of orange sweet potato (peeled and diced)
- 1 ¼ cups of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup of cauliflower (cut into florets)
- steamed jasmine rice and natural yoghurt (to serve)
- Start by heating oil over medium heat in a large saucepan and add onions, cook for at least 2 – 3 minutes while stirring often until they are soft, then add garlic, curry powder and cumin. Cook stirring for 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes and simmer for 3 minutes, you will notice the sauce thicken. Add ½ cup of cold water, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, chick peas and vegetables and increase the heat to high and allow them to boil.
- Spoon the curry soup in slow cooker into the unit. Cover and set the timer to about 30 minutes
- Season with salt and pepper, spoon curry over rice and serve with yogurt.