Sweet potatoes are a great source of starch and carbohydrates. This vegetarian slow cooker recipe gives you ample time to multitask while this dish prepares itself in your Vitaclay unit. This slow cooker recipe serves 12 but if your party is smaller, change the amount of recipes accordingly. We hope you enjoyed this vegetarian recipe for the slow cooker as much we did putting this together for you!
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 6 medium sweet potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup reduced fat butter melted
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a VitaClay slow cooker coated with cooking spray
- Place the sweet potatoes in the slow cooker
- When done take a separate small bowl and in it combine pecans, coconut, sugars, butter, cinnamon and salt and sprinkle over the potatoes in the slow cooker.
- Cover with a lid and cook on low heat for 2 to 2 ½ hours or until the sweet potatoes are tender to your preferred texture.
- Stir in the remaining extracts and serve,