This is among the most delicious vegetarian slow cooker recipes you will ever try out in your kitchen. This meal will have you wanting more! Try it out and let us know how it goes!
This slow cooker recipe has enough food for 7 people, so don’t hesitate to chow down!
- 1 cup clean water
- 1 tablespoon corn meal
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Medium zucchini (chopped)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper (chopped)
- 1 can of chopped green chilies
- 1 ounce of Mexican chocolate (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 6 oz of tomato paste
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 ½ cups frozen corn
- 16 oz of kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 15 oz of black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 14 ½ oz of diced tomatoes (un-drained)
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Diced tomatoes
- Green onions
- Queso fresco - crumbled
- Start by combining; kidney beans, black beans, tomatoes, corn, onions, Mexican chocolate, green chilies, red pepper and zucchini in a VitaClay slow cooker.
- When done also combine, water, tomato paste, cornmeal, chili powder, salt, oregano, and cumin and pepper sauce if it is your desire until all is smooth.
- Stir them into the slow cooker and cover with a lid. Cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours or when the vegetables will be soft to your liking.
- Serve with a topping of your liking.