This stew is packed with flavor not to mention bacon and sausage, a great meal for any time of the year. Just put it in your VitaClay slow cooker and have a warm hearty meal with no hassle in about two hours. This one feeds about 6 – 8 hungry mouths.
- 5 strips of bacon
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cubed
- Parmesan cheese
- Flat leaf parsley chopped
- Place ½ the beans in a bowl and mash them with a potato masher until chunky.
- Add the bean mash, whole beans, sausage, tomatoes, broth, onion, garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper to your VitaClay slow cooker. Stir to combine well.
- Cover and cook on the "stew" setting for 2 hours.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan and crumble.
- When stew is done, stir in the crumbles bacon. Ladle into bowls and garnish with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and parsley.