A Warm Middle Eastern Inspired Stew with Beef and Apricots; we’ve made it quicker and easier to create authentic cuisine right in your own kitchen without sacrificing any of the flavor. This recipe can be made in a conventional crock pot but if you want real flavor prepare this recipe in your VitaClay clay pot slow cooker. Serves about 4-6 empty stomachs.
- 2 pounds beef shoulder, cubed
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon clack pepper
- 1/8 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth
- 15-20 dried apricots
- In your VitaClay slow cooker, combine the onion, garlic, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, mint, salt, black pepper and beef broth. Mix in the beef cubes until everything is well combined.
- Cover and cook on the "stew" setting for 2 hours.
- Remove lid and stir in the honey and the apricots. Cover and continue to cook on the "stew setting for an additional 15 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Serve with a side of long grain rice (Batsami is recommended here) and garnish with a bit of chopped mint leaves and enjoy!