Potato soup is a delicious, satisfying, fabulous dish to serve on a chilly day. It’s great for a quick lunch or as a great side dish to almost any entrée. This recipe is super easy, and it’s creamy, hearty and delicious. I like to get potato soup when I’m out because it’s always delicious. But I’d never tried making it on my own before. Make a lot and you’ll have plenty of left-overs to take in the thermos to work or just heat up for a snack or a quick, light meal over the weekend, between all the fun things you’ll be doing!
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 4 c broth (maybe more)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 c shredded cheese (sharp cheddar goes well)
- 1/4 c fresh chopped chives
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 c heavy cream
- 1/4 c shredded cheese to garnish
- Add 1 cup of broth and the potatoes to the VitaClay pot.
- Seal, close and set to “soup.” Cook for about an hour (the potatoes should be soft).
- Use a hand immersion blender or transfer more than half of the potatoes and liquid to a food processor.
- Add the garlic, blending into a liquid
- Add the potato purée back into the clay pot and stir in the shredded cheese.
- Add the rest of the broth as well as the chives.
- Cover, seal and cook on “soup” for 10-20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Keep it warm and serve directly out of the clay pot.
- Stir in the cream and sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese immediately before serving.