Suitable for all VitaClay Models--please ensure adequate liquids.
Lentils and Quinoa provide a great source of plant protein, and are both especially nutritious. This lentil and quinoa stew is easy to customize with your favorite herbs and spices, and it is very hearty and filling.
Vegetarians and vegans will love this substantial plant-based meal. It's satisfying enough to eat for dinner, or makes a great side with other dishes or even meat.
VitaClay does a great job of preserving taste and texture for all of the ingredients, and it is very filling and nutrient-dense.
- 7 ½ c brothor water
- 2 c lentils
- ½ c quinoa
- 2 T miso
- 1-2 medium potatoes (diced)
- 1-2 small sweet potatoes (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 t tamarior soy sauce or tamari
- mixed dried herbs (oregano, thyme, tarragon, sage, marjoram or cumin)
- toasted sesame seeds (garnish)
- Drain and rinse lentils and quinoa--picking out stones and debris.
- Add lentils and quinoa, potatoes, sweet potatoes and garlic to VitaClay along with herbs and tomato paste with the water.
- Close, seal and cook on "stew" for 1 hour, stirring in the middle.
- If stew looks very thick, add more water
- After cooking, add in miso, soy sauce and a little more water, stirring
- Top with toasted sesame seeds.