Lentil and Quinoa stew are some the most healthy preparations you can try in in your VitaClay slow cooker at home. This meal is rich in healthy proteins which are essential for body building. The experience is mind blowing and worth trying. This wonderful recipe serves 6 people.
- 7 ½ cups of clean water
- 2 cups brown lentils
- ½ cup quinoa
- 2 table spoons miso
- 1-2 medium potatoes (diced)
- 1-2 small sweet potatoes (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon wheat free tamari (soy sauce can be a replacement in case on s wheat free diet)
- mixed herbs (any of this; oregano, thyme, tarragon, sage, marjoram and cumin)
- Start by draining and rinsing the lentils and be sure to pick all the stones and debris .Do the same for quinoa and add to the VitaClay slow cooker.
- Take the potatoes, sweet potatoes and garlic and add to the slow cooker along with herbs (should be dried or fresh and finely chopped), tomato paste and 6 cups of clean water.
- Cook for ½ - 1 hour and when the stew thickens add 1 more cup of water (remember lentils and quinoa cook before potatoes since potato cooking time will depend on the size of the pieces).
- Then let it cook for another 1 hour.
- When everything is cooked turn off the heat and add tamari and set for a further half an hour.
- Mix the miso and remain water (should be at least ½ a cup) and add to the stew, mix well.
- You can serve with grated Parmesan on top or toasted sesame seeds or toasted sesame seeds and salt on top of vegan.