Do you crave a taste of lentil that doesn't really taste like “regular” lentil?
Worry no more because this mouthwatering slow cooked Moroccan lentil soup recipe is made just for you! What’s more is the fact that you get unparalleled taste, texture, and nutritional value in your soup with the VitaClay slow cooker in a dramatically shorter period of time than regular metal slow cookers. Once you try out this soup you will understand the true reason why it is something extra ordinary.
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 spoonfuls extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoonful ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 ¾ cups lentils
- 3 cups chopped cauliflower
- 2 cups of water
- 6 cups vegetable broth or reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 28 oz of diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach or 10 oz of frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- Combine onions, carrots, garlic, oil, cumin, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, and pepper in your VitaClay slow cooker.
- Add broth, water, cauliflower, lentils, tomato paste, and stir until well combined.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 hours or until lentils are tender
- During the last 30 minutes cooking, stir spinach.
- Just before serving stir in cilantro and lemon juice.