Suitable for ALL VitaClay Models!
Liven Up Your Holiday Party With A Hot Toddy! The hot lemon, rum and brandy infused with ginger makes for a great evening drink. It’s the perfect cure for a chilly evening. It also goes great with a cozy blanket and a good book or as an evening holiday drink.
Lemon Ginger Hot Toddy
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups honey
- 5 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 3-inch piece of peeled fresh ginger, sliced thinly
- 3/4 cup rum
- 3/4 cup brandy
- lemon zest for garnish
- Sprinkle of cinnamon for garnish
- Place the water, lemon juice, honey and both kinds of ginger into your VitaClay 8-cup cooker. Stir to combine
- Cover and cook on the “soup,” "slow," or "low" setting for about 2 hours. Remove and strain out the ginger slices.
- Stir in the brandy and rum. Mix well.
- Ladle mixture into mugs and garnish with a lemon zest and sprinkle with cinnamon; serve.
The toddy can sit on warm all evening long, and you (or guests) can ladle out hot, spicy goodness on demand. Cheers!