Believe it or not, lentil soup with goat’s cheese toast is very delicious! The goat’s cheese toast adds that unforgettable flavor that your taste buds won’t forget, not to mention the abundance of nutrients you stand to gain in the process.
Using VitaClay as your slow cooker enhances the flavor with its porous clay. Keep reading!
- 100mg goats cheese
- 1 brown onion (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 carrot (peeled and coarsely chopped)
- 1 Swede (peeled and coarsely chopped)
- 2 celery sticks (trimmed and coarsely chopped)
- ½ of red lentils
- 1 ½ - 2 lbs of diced tomatoes
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 baguette thinly sliced diagonally
We hope you enjoy this latest dinner addition to the Vitaclay cookbook along with other slow cooker recipes that will warm your heart as well as your t. We hope that you continue choosing Vitaclay for your cooking and nutritional needs!
- In a VitaClay slow cooker, p lace the onions, celery, carrot, Swede, garlic, lentils, tomato, cumin and stock. Cover and cook for 1 ½ hours. This should make the vegetables tender and the soup thick.
- Preheat a grill on high and place bread on the baking tray grill it for approximately two minutes on each sides this should achieve a golden state.
- Combine the goat cheese and chives in a bowl and spreads cheese over the toast.
- When ready divide the soup on the serving bowls and serve with goat cheese toast.