A mixture of healthful spinach and artichoke hearts combined with cheeses is not only great for dip and appetizers, but goes well as a snack on whole grain breads or crackers at any time of the day.
Ingredients for Hot Spinach Cheese Dip
Directions for Hot Spinach Cheese Dip
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (14 ounce) can or fresh artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 (8 ounces) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup milk
- Freshly ground pepper and salt to taste
- Add all ingredients except ¼ cup shredded cheese, into your VitaClay® pot, mix well.
- Cover and set on the “Stew” setting for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring once or twice until very hot.
- Transfer to a serving dish or, my favorite, a bread bowl and garnish with 1/4 cup of shredded cheese for topping.
- Serve with assorted crackers, pita wedges, rustic bread slices, chips, or vegetable dippers
Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
Spinach tops the list, along with other green leafy vegetables, as a food most eaten by people who don't get cancer.
A super source of antioxidants and cancer antagonists, containing about four times more beta-carotene and three times more lutein than broccoli, for example. Rich in fiber and helps lower blood cholesterol.