This is among the most delicious vegetarian dishes you will ever try out in your kitchen. It promises an experience like no other and you just have to try it to know what am talking about.
- 1 cup clean water
- 1 tablespoon corn meal
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Medium zucchini (chopped)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper (chopped)
- 1 can of chopped green chilies
- 1 ounce of Mexican chocolate (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon dried Oregon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 ½ cups frozen corn
- 16 oz of kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 15 oz of black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 14 ½ oz of diced tomatoes (undrained)
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Diced tomatoes( optional topping)
- Green onions (optional topping)
- Queso fresco , crumbled (optional topping)
- Start by combining; kidney beans, black beans, tomatoes, corn, onions, Mexican chocolate, green chilies, red pepper and zucchini in a VitaClay slow cooker.
- When done also combine, water, tomato paste, cornmeal, chili powder, salt, oregano, and cumin and pepper sauce if it is your desire until all is smooth.
- Stir them into the slow cooker and cover with a lid. Cook for around 2 hours or when the vegetables will be soft to your liking.
- Serve with a topping of your liking.
Yield: 7 servings