Ever wished that your dinner would prepare itself? Sure, there might be enough rumors about how hard it is to eat paleo, but our slow cooker makes the best, delicious paleo meals ever! This paleo recipe will inspire you to cook more often considering the health and nutritious meal you will come up with. Not to mention very delicious!
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 lbs steak (don’t be afraid of tough cuts since slow cooking will make them tender)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- juice from two limes
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 4 oz can of roasted diced green chilies
- 2 – 3 tomatoes chopped
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
For toppings you can use the following:
- lime wedges
- hot sauce
- salsa Verde
- avocado sliced
- fire roasted salsa
- lettuce leaves
- Start by rinsing of your steak and pat it dry.
- Cover it with salt, pepper and granulated garlic on either side then set it aside. And when done chop up your tomatoes and onions.
- Put your beef broth in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Place the steak on top of the broth and cover your steak with the, tomatoes, onions, garlic and green chilies.
- Add the lime juice and make sure to pour it evenly over the whole mixture, and when done add in chili powder, cumin and cayenne evenly on the whole mixture.
- To allow cooking set your slow cooker and cook for 2 hours.
- Once cooking is achieved shred the soft beef with two forks.
- You can now serve with your favorite sauce and topping on a lettuce cup.