Suitable for VitaClay models VM7900 and VF7700 series.
You can make a quick, easy, delicious carne asada that is great for lettuce wraps, soups, tacos, enchiladas, burritos and a variety of other Mexican-inspired entrees. This taco filling is great to make in big batches and use throughout the week in various dishes--making dinner prep time easy and painless during crunch time.
With VitaClay as your Personal Chef you can have dinner make itself every night (not to mention breakfast and lunch).
Ever wished that your dinner would prepare itself? Sure, there might be enough rumors about how hard it is to eat paleo, but VitaClay makes the best, most delicious paleo meals ever! This paleo recipe will inspire you to cook more often considering the healthy and nutritious meals you will come up with.
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 lbs steak or roast meat (cheaper cuts are great--the steaming slow cooker action of VitaClay tenderizes them in no time!)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- juice from two limes
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 4 oz can of roasted diced green chilies
- 2 – 3 tomatoes chopped
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
For toppings you can use the following:
- lime wedges
- hot sauce
- salsa Verde
- avocado sliced
- fire roasted salsa
- lettuce leaves
- Rinse steak and pat it dry.
- Cover steak with salt, pepper and granulated garlic on either side then set it aside.
- Add beef broth to VitaClay pot, then place steak on top of the broth and cover with tomatoes, onions, garlic and green chilies.
- Add lime juice, chili powder, cumin and cayenne evenly on the whole mixture.
- Close, seal and set on "stew" for 1-2 hours (1 hour if meat is chopped, 2 hours if it's whole)
- Shred the soft beef with two forks.
- You can now serve with your favorite sauce and topping on a lettuce cup, in a taco shell or in any other Mexican entree.