Is there a such thing as a vegetarian and a meat dish put together? Just kidding, these types of dishes have existed since the beginning of time. but this vegetarian/meat dish has been upgraded - courtesy of your Vitaclay unit.
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon of Herbs de Provence
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 ½ cups low sodium chicken broth ( could be bought or homemade)
- 1 can dice tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- ½ onion , about one cup chopped
- 2 celery stalks, about ½ cup chopped
- 1 large carrot, about ½ cup chopped
- 4 chicken breasts or thighs , boneless and skinless
- 2 cups butternut squash chopped
- small handful Italian parsley( some chopped, plus leaves for garnish)
- Begin by cutting squash using a sharp knife, in half then cut in large sections. Then cut of the skin, one piece at a time and further cut them into bite sized cubes. Repeat until you have 2 cups.
- Chop the carrot and celery make sure they are of large bite size pieces.
- Roughly chop the onions and garlic.
- Throw all the prepared vegetables in the slow cooker and add all the other ingredients to the pot and stir.
- Then add all the chicken breasts making sure they are immersed in the liquid.
- Cover and cook for 2 hours.
- When ready remove the bay leaves and stir this will make the chicken disintegrate on its own.
- Seasoning should be done to your desire. Serve, topping with some parsley and you are good to go with your delicious dish.