Suitable for any VitaClay Model!
Is there a such thing as a vegetarian and a meat dish put together? Just kidding, these types of dishes have existed since the beginning of time. but this vegetarian/meat dish has been upgraded - courtesy of your Vitaclay unit.
- ¼ t pepper
- ¼ t salt
- ¼ t thyme
- ½ c dry white wine
- 1 t of Herbs de Provence
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 ½ c broth (make some with the recipe below!)
- 1 c diced tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large carrot, , chopped
- 4 chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 c butternut squash, chopped
- small handful Italian parsley (some chopped, plus leaves for garnish)
- If you are using a whole butternut squash, the easiest way to cube it is to throw the whole thing in the oven and bake it for about an hour (until fork tender) at 400 degrees. Let it cool, then the skin will peel off easily. Cut it in half and take the seeds out and then cut the flesh into cubes.
- Add everything to the clay pot and stir.
- Cover, seal and cook on "stew," "high" or "slow" for about 30-40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through (chopped chicken will cook in about 30 minutes; bone-in legs may take up to an hour).
- When ready remove the bay leaves and stir.
- Seasoning to taste and serve over rice or mashed potatoes, topping with parsley if desired.
Here's the recipe for bone broth promised above: