When you think of a slow cooker, you don’t necessarily think of chicken, do you? Well we have the best slow cooker for that occasion right here. Give it a try and let us know if this is the best slow cooker chicken ever!
- 3 inch piece ginger root (peeled)
- ½ cup mild curry paste
- ¼ cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 - 4 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cardamom
- ¾ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1- 2 dried red chilies
- 2 medium yellow onions (cut into half-moons and thinly sliced)
- 1 (3-4 pounds) whole organic chicken (skin removed and cut into 8 pieces)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 (14 ½ ounce) can of diced tomatoes or 1 medium cubed tomato
- Fresh cilantro or parsley for serving
- Using a food processor bowl or blender combine the curry paste, vinegar, garlic, ginger, tomatoes, cumin, cardamom, salt and pepper and process until it becomes a paste.
- In the slow cooker place the cut chicken and when done halve the onions and thinly slice them.
- On top of the chicken layer the onions and pour the sauce over it. But in case you are using dried chilies place them into the slow cooker as well.
- Cover with a lid and cook on high for 2 hours
- When ready serve this chicken slow cooker recipe with coarsely chopped cilantro (this dish can also be enjoyed with spiced coconut rice or toasted garlic and parsley quinoa)
This recipe has enough to feed 6 people. Best do enjoy this chicken slow cooker recipe!