Chicken curry is delicious and ethnic--and it's really such an easy dish to make.
Don't think you have to go to your favorite Indian restaurant to enjoy a yummy curry dish. With VitaClay as your Personal Chef, this Chicken Curry will be ready when you get home!
Curry is a great way to mix up your weekly meal planning routine--with just a few different seasonings chicken can be a whole new experience for the whole family! You'll save money and you can feel good about what's in the food your family eats because you know exactly what's in there.
Easy dinners are on the menu with VitaClay!
- 3-4 lb organic chicken (I like to mix it up with both white and dark meat)
- 3 inch piece ginger root (peeled)
- ½ cup mild curry paste
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 2 - 4 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cardamom
- ¾ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1- 2 dried red chilies
- 2 medium yellow onions (cut into half-moons and thinly sliced)
- 5-6 cups broth
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 (14 ½ ounce) can of diced tomatoes or 1 medium cubed tomato
- Fresh cilantro or parsley for serving
- Using a food processor bowl or blender combine the curry paste, vinegar, garlic, ginger, tomatoes, cumin, cardamom, salt and pepper and process until it becomes a paste.
- In the slow cooker place the cut chicken and when done halve the onions and thinly slice them.
- On top of the chicken layer the onions and pour the sauce over it.
- Close, seal and cook on "stew" for 1 hour.
- When ready serve with coarsely chopped cilantro (this dish can also be enjoyed with spiced coconut rice or quinoa)