(gluten free, low carb, low glycemic without bread)
- 1-2 lb pork roast (rump or any cheaper cut is fine--slow cooking makes it tender!)
- Seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder
- 1/4 (for 1lb) - 1/2 (for 2lb) cup of beer, cola, or broth
- ¼ jar or bottle of barbecue sauce (to make your own, see recipe above!)
- Season meat with spices, add to the personal slow cooker
- If meat is fatty, less liquid can be used. If leaner, add more liquid.
- Cook for 2 hours.
- Open and shred with forks
- Add sauce to meat and cook on high another 30 minutes to let the sauce become one with the meat.
- Serve over rolls or in sandwiches. Store in the refrigerator and eat it all week--it’s even better the next day!