I hope all of you remember all the rating and raving about making your own sauces, because here it is ladies and gentlemen: your very own home made BBQ sauce!
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease, walnut or coconut oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 5-6 oz tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- 2 t mustard or ½ t mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce; pinch cayenne pepper
- Saute onion and garlic in oil until translucent, 3-5 minutes
- Reduce heat to medium and add tomato paste and honey, mix into a sauce.
- Add all other ingredients, stirring constantly.
- Heat to boiling, then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes, until the sauce thickens to your liking.
- Use immediately or refrigerate
- For an extra kick, add small chunks of pineapple 5 minutes before it’s finished cooking.