Yummy Red Lentil Kabocha
squash carrot soup
in coconut curry! Love venturing experimenting different foods and creating a new fusion recipe. When my daughter had the first bite and asked “how did you make it”? She won’t ask if it was not so good! It was made with very simple basic ingredients with new twists! It’s packed with satisfying delicious nutrient dense ingredients!
We all know the benefits of lentil, turmeric, carrots. Kabocha is like butternut squash. Kabocha supports weight loss with very low calorie, improves digestion, may help fight cancer and heart disease while protecting your vision, immune system and skin.
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups red or yellow lentils
- Half of kabocha, cut in cubes
- 2 carrots, chopped
COCONUT CURRY SAUCE
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (or water)
- 1 small shallot or onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp fresh minced ginger
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 1/4 – 1 1/2 cups light coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1. Add lentil water coconut milk Kabocha carrot in VitaClay pot.
2. Sauté onion garlic in coconut oil for a fe minutes. Stir in ginger curry turmeric and salt for a minute or two. Transfer to your clay pot.
3. Add the rest of ingredients in clay.
4. Set on stew to cook for 40 minutes to an hour.