If you already love pulled chicken, why not try it in a VitaClay Instant Crockpot slow cooker which not only makes it tender, but also keeps its delicious, melt–in-your-mouth flavor?
This recipe will help you prepare delicious pulled chicken sandwiches for your family without waiting for all day long required in your conventional crock pot, lol.
- 2 table olive oil or butter
1 medium onion or1⁄2 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water or broth
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 pinch salt
Steps to follow when preparing pulled chicken sandwiches
- In you VitaClay pot, add 1/2 cup water, combine the cup of ketchup and the other ingredients including hot sauce.
- Add chicken in your clay pot and mix well with sauce.
- In a medium large sauce pan, add oil to saute onion until onion becomes translucent. Transfer to your clay pot.
- Cover then set your VitaClay Instant Slow Cooker on Stew to cook for 30-40 minutes until the chicken is tender and its sauce, thick.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from the VitaClay Instant Crock pot and shred it using 2 forks as you stir into the sauce.
All you have to do to make your sandwich is to spoon ¾ cup chicken mixture into the bottom of each bun, and eat it!