A lot of people go crazy where chicken is concerned. Let’s face it, chicken is beautiful, multi-use food. It seems that whenever you add chicken to any recipe it becomes complete in a way. With this recipe you can rest assured that your chicken nutrients and texture will not only be intact but will also have an enhanced natural flavor. How about this recipe for your loving family?
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut in half
- 2 ribs celery, cut them in half
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 large onion, make it quartered
- 4 chicken feet
- 2 chicken heads
- 10 sprigs parsley
- 3 lbs chicken pieces (you can use any part of the chicken carcass)
- Begin by placing all the chicken pieces i.e. heads, bones, necks, and feet in the slow cooker.
- Then add the veggies bay leaves and add enough clean water to cover all the bones or until they can’t be seen above. A maximum of 12 cups can be used.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and cook on low in your VitaClay slow cooker for 1-2 hours.
- Then you can remove all the vegetables and bones and put the broth through a strainer.
- Refrigerate overnight for the fat to be solidify on top which you can easily remove for other roles.
- The broth can remain refrigerated but remember to use it within a few days.
Get your own VitaClay slow cooker if you are tired of preparing your own dinners here.