Full of the flavors of fall, your home will definitely smell of the holidays when make this cider.
Already packed with flavor from all the yummy ingredients, slow cooking it in your VitaClay c ooker will kick that flavor up a couple of notches!
I love a good hot cider on a chilly fall or winter evening and this one is perfect. Make sure you add this to your favorites. I sometimes add a shot of rum for a warm and cozy cocktail. It’s great for holiday parties, too.
- 6 cups apple juice
- 3 cups cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/2 orange, thinly sliced with peel
- 1/2 green apple sliced
- about 3 thinly slices of fresh ginger
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 small lemon thinly sliced with peel
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground all spice
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pour the juices into your VitaClay slow cooker . Add the cranberries, orange slices, apple slices, lemon slices, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, and all spice. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on the “soup” setting for 2-2 ½ hours. The longer it cooks the more flavor you get.
- Serve in mugs with a bit of fruit and a cinnamon stick.
*Add a shot of rum per glass for a warm and cozy cocktail.