Per customer request, we have converted Instant pot egg bites in Vitaclay!
Courtesy of thetoastedpinenut.com
Healthy breakfast to take on the go. They are copycat Starbucks sous vide egg bites and easy to customize!
1/4 cup whole milk or cream
4 strips of bacon
1/2 cup shredded Gruyere
1 cup water (for the instant pot)
- fresh herbs and cracked ground pepper for serving (optional)
- Cook your bacon in a pan over medium-low heat, flipping every couple minutes until the bacon is crisp and cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Set aside.
- Place the bacon on a cutting board and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Divide the bacon pieces and shredded cheese into each silicone egg bite mold.
- Pour the egg mixture into the mold, dividing it evenly between all the cavities.
- Use a fork to mix each egg bite to make sure the bacon and cheese is evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Pour 2 cups of water into the bottom of the vita clay pot. (VM7900 or VF7700 models, if choose VM7800 models, add 2 more cups water)
- Place bamboo steamer in vita clay pot.
- Place the mold into the bamboo steamer in vitaclay pot
- Place the lid on your vitaclay pot, set on stew or fast to cook for 10 minutes.
- Allow the egg bites to cool in the mold for a few minutes and then use a large spoon to scoop them out of the mold.
Serve with freshly chopped herbs or sage and some cracked pepper.