Warm up Your Body in Winter with Chinese Hot Pot Soup
Yummy 30 minutes hot pot soup with taro mushrooms (adding slices of lambs or chicken or beef is optional)!
I love taro! Not only because of it's taste, but also it is a powerful food that helps improve digestion system, lower your blood sugar levels, prevent certain types of cancers, protect the skin, boost vision.
2 cups taro, peeled and sliced
2 cups organic mushrooms (if choose no meat, double the amount)
1/2 cup green onion, chopped
1/2 -1 lb of lamb or chicken or beef, sliced
2 tablespoons Shacha sauce or paste
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 cup of cilantro, chopped
2 oz yam noodle or any of your favorite ones
Salt pepper to taste
White peppercorn powder to taste
1. Add yam noodle and 2 quart filtered water in clay pot.
2. Set on stew or fast to cook for 30 minutes.
3. About 15 to 20 minutes, when water reach to a boil, add meat mushrooms and taro and stir then cover the cooker to continue to cook for 5-10 minutes or until they are tender.
4. Mix shacha sauce, peanut butter and soy sauce in a small bowl.
4. Garnish with white pepper corn green onion cilantro and add pepper sauce mix.