French Toast Casserole
- 1/2 loaf challah bread, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups water for the bottom of VitaClay
Whisk together eggs, milk, brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla and melted butter.
- Spray a glass or ceramic bowl with coconut oil cooking spray. This is the bowl you will use to cook your French toast in. Set aside.
- Add cubed bread to the bowl. Pour egg mixture over the bread and gently press bread down to coat with the egg mixture.
Pour 2 cups of water in the VitaClay. Place a steamer tray in bottom of VitaClay.
Place the bowl on top of the steamer. Close the lid and lock the cover. Set time to 30-40 minutes to cook on fast/ or stew.
Use a trivet to remove the bowl from your VitaClay. Optional: Top with a sprinkle of powdered sugar and maple syrup.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.