African Peanut Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 large red bell peppers, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, with liquid
- 8 cups vegetable broth or stock
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 2/3 cup extra crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Cook onions and bell peppers until lightly browned and tender, stirring in garlic when almost done to prevent burning. Stir in tomatoes, vegetable stock, pepper, and chili powder.
- Add to VitaClay cooker
- Stir in rice, cover, and cook on fast/stew for 40 minutes - 1 hour.
- Stir in peanut butter until well blended, and serve.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.