Like many herbs, tea making out of clay creates a subtile flavor. You won't know until you try it!
This recipe is contributed by a VitaClay customer: Marie-Flore. Thank you Marie-Flore!
This chai tea must be made with fresh ginger and slightly sliced green cardamom pods, otherwise the taste is not the same. If done with delayed timer, please note spices will be stronger.
This is designed for a VM7800 model. You may also cook with VM7900 and VF7700 models. Enjoy!
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups coconut milk (can add more coconut milk and decrease water): DO NOT USE from a can, use from a carton or a bottle
- 1-2 inches (minimum) FRESH Ginger, grated or blended with water. GINGER MUST BE FRESH.
- Cardamom pods (WHOLE GREEN, not grounded), cut cardamom pods with knife
- 1-2 Cloves
- Cinnamon to taste
- Nutmeg to taste
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Stevia to taste
- Coconut sugar to taste
- 1tsp Sea salt
- Vanilla or vanilla essence
- Dry Mint
Reserve for later
- Indian black tea from ethnic stores (Good Brand: Wagh Bakhri)
- Put everything on "Slow" in VitaClay for 30 minutes, including cut cardamom pods (DO NOT PUT Indian Black tea in yet)
- When timer is off after 30 minutes have passed, put in Indian Black tea, let rest on "Warm" for 10 minutes.
- Sieve tea and then serve. The rest of the tea can stay on "Warm" in the VitaClay
Image courtesy of robustrecipes and VitaClay customer: Marie-Flore.