For those of you who wish to turn back the clock a few years, this is a great elixir recipe to get your body (or at least your skin) to the legendary fountain of youth – straight from you Vitaclay unit. All of this courtesy of course of the wonderful fruit known as the avocado.
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock ( learn how to make veggie stock here!)
- 3 ripe avocados (peeled and mashed)
- 1 large onion (peeled and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper.
- Add the stock, mashed avocado, onion, garlic, cilantro, oregano, salt and the bay leaf to your Cover the slow cooker and turn soup setting and cook for 1-2 hours or until the consistency that you wish.
- Once the soup is cooked all the way through, remove the bay leaf and blend the hot soup to puree it.
- Add in lime juice, salt and pepper for taste. Once it's cooled, you'll have a terrific avocado soup that's served best with a dollop of sour cream and tortilla chips!