Who doesn't love avocados? They're creamy, green and healthy--with a rich, nutty flavor that can't be beat! It's hard to miss all of the health articles and advertisements singing the praises of the avocado and recommending each person eat at least half of one each day.
I love avocados as much as the next person, but eating half an avocado every day can get tiresome, no matter how delicious they are! So it's great to find new recipes and ways to get avocado in my diet.
This great soup is a nutritional powerhouse: it contains avocados, onions, lime juice, cilantro, garlic and spices--all which have amazing benefits for slim, shapely, fit bodies and robust immune systems!
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock ( learn how to make veggie stock here!)
- 3 ripe avocados (peeled and mashed)
- 1 large onion (peeled and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper.
- Add the stock, mashed avocado, onion, garlic, cilantro, oregano, salt and the bay leaf to VitaClay. Cover, seal and set to soup for about 1 hour. Taste to ensure the desired consistency has been reached.
- Once the soup is cooked, remove the bay leaf and blend the hot soup with a hand immersion blenderto puree it.
- Add in lime juice, salt and pepper for taste. Once it's cooled, you'll have a terrific avocado soup that's served best with a dollop of sour cream and tortilla chips!