Vietnamese cooking is getting increasingly popular across the globe for all its virtues, mainly for the following three reasons.
- It is not only low in fat and gluten-free but also loaded with vitamins and minerals
- It is known to boost our immune system, accelerate weight loss and helps one overcome tiredness
- Ever wondered why those Vietnamese beauties have shiny and lustrous hair locks? Well Vietnamese food is rich in iron, lean proteins and Vitamin C - ingredients vital for healthy hair growth
You will adore Chicken Pho - a traditional Vietnamese soup which makes a great recipe for your Vitaclay slow cooker. Just leave the chicken and seasoning of star anise, cloves and ginger to simmer all day in your Vitaclay slow cooker only to come back home to a welcoming aroma of rich herbs.
- Simply add broth, brown sugar, fish sauce, star anise, cloves, ginger and cinnamon stick to your Vitaclay slow cooker. Insert chicken breasts, meat-side down. Cover and cook for 2 hours.
- It's a great idea to add star anise to the broth.It will give your soup a distinctive flavour. You should find it along with other bulk spices in any natural-foods store. or Asian markets.
- Discard the spices move the chicken to a chopping board. Slow cook noodles and bok choy on High for about 30 minutes.
- Separate chicken from the bone and shred with a fork. By now the noodles should be tender. Check for consistency and add in the shredded chicken. Bingo… you are ready to serve piping hot bowls of soup
Serve fresh ingredients like bean sprouts, basil, mint, cilantro, sliced chile and lime wedges on the side giving everyone the freedom to mix and match their own toppings! Next time you prepare Chicken Pho in your Vitaclay Slow-Cooker let us know how you and your family enjoyed it!