Believe it or not, shiitake mushrooms have wonderful anti-aging properties. Widely used in a variety of cuisines from Asia, this humble “fun guy” has nutrients that would make it an honorable member of the super food club. Please enjoy this broth on us!
- 2 ounces dried Shiitake mushrooms
- 2 carrots, peeled, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 12-cups water (16 cups for stock pot)
- Rinse mushrooms briefly under cool running water to rid of grit or sand.
- Place all ingredients in pot.
- Close and seal
- Cook for 1-2 hours
- Pour out and enjoy as you wish!