1. Making meat sauce- In a large pot over medium heat, add in ground sausage and ground beef. Use a spoon to break up the meat into small pieces. Add in onion and garlic and cook until meat is well browned, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar, fresh basil, fennel, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup chopped parsley. Pour in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and chicken broth. Transfer to your vitclay pot. Set on "Stew" for 1-3 hours. Stirring occasionally. Empty your clay pot.
2. Meanwhile, place lasagna noodles into the bottom of a pan. Pour hot water directly over the noodles, making sure the pasta is completely immersed in the water. Let them soak for 30 minutes, then drain and discard water.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining 2 tablespoons parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and nutmeg. Refrigerate until ready to assemble lasagna.
4. Assemble your lasagna in your vitaclay pot- add 6 oz water in clay pot. spread about 1 cup of meat sauce in the bottom of the prepared pan. Cut the noodle in half length. Place noodles on top. Spread with 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture. Top with 1/4 of mozzarella cheese slices. Spoon 1 1/2 cups meat sauce over mozzarella, then sprinkle with 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. Repeat layering to create two to three complete layers. To finish, place a final layer of pasta, topped with another 1 cup of meat sauce to cover the pasta. Top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover with clay lid and close the cooker.
5. Set on "Stew" to cook for 30-40 minutes.
Comments will be approved before showing up.