Wondering what to do with leftover ham from your holiday meals? Perhaps you should make ham and potato chowder from them? It doesn't really take long prepare even if you're starting from scratch. You can prepare delicious ham and potato chowder within 2.5 hours, inclusive of preparation time with the VitaClay slow cooker which gives your ham and potato chowder a unique, mouth watering taste.
6 Steps Direction for Ham and Potato Chowder (About 20 minutes)
- Mix 3 cups of warm water with chicken soup base in a VitaClay slow cooker until the soup dissolves.
- Add in cream of chicken soup, stir until it is smooth.
- To the soup mixture in your slow cooker, stir in potatoes, ham, corn, yellow onion and butter.
- In a separate dish, mix flour and ½ cup of water and shake well until it is smooth.
- Stir the smooth mixture into the soup in your slow cooker.
- Add parsley, dill, celery seed and salt and black pepper for soup seasoning.
- Set the timer for your VitaClay slow cooker for 2 hours.
Serve your slow cooked ham and potato chowder hot with rolls. To help you with the tools, if you haven't purchased your VitaClay slow cooker
already for this recipe, follow this link to order your own set.