Suited for all VitaClay Models.
We all know Rachel Ray is the master of quick, easy dinners. Everything she does is so practical and simple, yet really delicious.
This new twist on a classic chili is no exception: sweet and sour? Who would have thought?
The flavor combinations really pop in this chili, and you can use any meat you like.
Rachel suggests browning the meat in a pan before cooking it in the cooker, but I like to skip that step and just throw everything into the VitaClay pot raw. It’s ready in 2 hours and it’s always super yummy!
I also like to save the vinegar and honey for the end, because I use raw versions of those, so it’s best not to cook them. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs ground beef, chicken or turkey
- 2 T chili powder
- ½ T ground cumin
- 1 t ground coriander
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 medium-size onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bottle lager beer
- 6 c broth
- ½ c cider vinegar
- 1 Fresno chili – (spiciest when the seeds are included)
- Honey, for drizzling
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- Place meat and all spices into VitaClay pot.
- Add sweet potatoes, onions, garlic, beer, chicken stock, chili pepper, stirring
- Close and cook on Soup or Slow setting for 2 hours
- Before serving, stir in vinegar and drizzle honey
- Top the chili with the lime juice and cilantro. Garnish each bowl with a dollop of sour cream and a little bit of minced raw onion.