Suited for all VitaClay Models. Image Courtesy of " cursedthing".
We all know Rachel Ray is the master of quick, easy dinners. Everything she does is so practical and simple, yet really delicious.
This new twist on a classic chili is no exception: sweet and sour? Who would have thought?
The flavor combinations really pop in this chili, and you can use any meat you like.
Rachel suggests browning the meat in a pan before cooking it in the cooker, but I like to skip that step and just throw everything into the VitaClay pot raw. It’s ready in 2 hours and it’s always super yummy!
I also like to save the vinegar and honey for the end, because I use raw versions of those, so it’s best not to cook them. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs ground beef, chicken or turkey
- 2 T chili powder
- ½ T ground cumin
- 1 t ground coriander
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 medium-size onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bottle lager beer
- 6 c broth
- ½ c cider vinegar
- 1 Fresno chili – (spiciest when the seeds are included)
- Honey, for drizzling
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- Place meat and all spices into VitaClay pot.
- Add sweet potatoes, onions, garlic, beer, chicken stock, chili pepper, stirring
- Close and cook on Soup or Slow setting for 2 hours
- Before serving, stir in vinegar and drizzle honey
- Top the chili with the lime juice and cilantro. Garnish each bowl with a dollop of sour cream and a little bit of minced raw onion.