Vegetarian Miso Soup with Taro and Cauliflower
4 cups broth (use dashi for more traditional miso soup)
1 sheet nori (dried seaweed // optional // cut into large rectangles // 1 sheet yields 1/4 cup)
3-4 tablespoons white or yellow organic (if possible) miso paste (fermented soy bean or chickpea paste)
1/2 cup cauliflower
- 1/2 - 1 cup taro, pealed and cubed
1/4 cup firm or silk tofu, cubed
- Add broth, cauliflower, taro in your vita clay pot.
- Place miso into a small bowl, add a little hot water and whisk until smooth.
- Set on stew or fast for 20-30 minutes.
- In the last 5 minutes of cooking, add tofu green onion and continue to cook for the rest of time.
- Then add nori and stir. Remove from heat, add miso mixture, and stir to combine.
- Taste and add more miso or a pinch of sea salt if desired. Serve warm.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.