Well, it’s almost summertime, the season to bring Your Travels Home with this delicious Torchio Pasta with Morel Mushrooms, Fava Beans, Kale, Peas, Taleggio Fonduta, Truffled Pecorino.
This amazing pasta dish was made by a chef at Agate restaurant when I was traveling in Bainbridge island! It was so good that I have to search high and low to make it works in my #vitaclay #claypot .
Check this recipe out! 👇
* 5-8 oz pasta
* ½ cup Parmesan cheese
* ½ stick salted butter (or 1/4 stick if use heavy cream)
* Taleggio cheese or 1 cup heavy cream
* 3/4 cup (60g) grated truffled pecorino, plus extra to serve
* 1 - 2 ounce dried morel mushrooms (or 4-8 ounces fresh morel mushrooms, cleaned and halved lengthwise*) or 8 oz baby portabello mushrooms
* 2-3 cloves of garlic
* 1/2 cup
* fresh parsley
* 1 cup cooked fave beans (optional)
* 1 cup chopped kale and peas ( optional)
* salt and pepper to taste
1. Add pasta, 1 tbsp salt and a large pot of water in your vitaclay and set on stew for 30 minutes, or cook until dente.
2. Soak dry morel mushrooms in 1 cup of water for about 20 minutes, or until the mushrooms are soft, before using them. Make sure to retain their soaking liquid, which is full of morel flavor.
3. Meanwhile grate the parmesan and set to one side.
4. Add the butter to a heavy based skillet and let it melt over a low heat.
5. Once the butter has melted, add the soaked morel mushrooms and cook until they're golden, about four minutes, and then add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring often.
6. Pour in the reserved morel mushroom liquid and heavy cream. Cook until it reduces to about 1/2 cup, then remove from the heat. Add 3/4 cup grated truffled pecorino to the mixture.
7. In about 20 minutes of pasta cooking in your clay pot, drain the pasta. Reserve ½ cup of the pasta cooking water.
8. Transfer the mushroom butter cream and the rest of ingredients to the cooked pasta along with 1/2 cup of the reserved water. Stir gently over until everything is combined. Add more hot water if it starts to feel sticky.
9. Add the parmesan and serve immediately with fresh parsley garnish and more black truffle.
Comments will be approved before showing up.