This recipe is easy and delicious, with just the sweetness and tang you need on a warm spring evening. Sure to soon be a family favorite.
Makes 5 servings
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil
• 5 chicken thighs
• 1/3 cup soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons of ketchup
• 1 crushed garlic clove
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
• 1/2 cup fresh pineapple (10 oz. frozen)--save the juice
• 1 tablespoon of cornstarch or arrowroot powder
• 1/4 cup water
1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook chicken thighs just until evenly browned on all sides. Place thighs in a slow cooker.
2. In a bowl, mix honey, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, ginger, and reserved pineapple juice. Pour into the slow cooker.
3. Cook 1-2 hours on stew setting. Stir in pineapple chunks just before serving.
4. Mix the cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Remove thighs from slow cooker. Blend the cornstarch mixture into remaining sauce in the slow cooker to thicken. Serve sauce over the chicken.
Comments will be approved before showing up.